Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sleep. Or my lack of it.

The boys are not good sleepers.  Never have been.  The Hubs and I have spent the last 2 years hoping that when people say 'once they are this age or that age it will get better' it will be true.  I think we've come to the conclusion that it is a lie.  

I don't think our friends purposely have deceived us; I just think they are better parents than us.  Well, better parents in the sleep category especially.  Crying it out has not been very popular in our house.  I'm especially quick to run grab up a crying child because I don't want 2 crying children up in the middle of the night.  

It's gotten quite a bit better since we moved and put the kids in separate bedrooms.  Knowing Thing 2's propensity for getting through all gates and doors in his way, I have door knob covers on the inside of both their bedroom doors so they can't wander.  I still had to put duct tape on the covers because he figured out how to pop them off in about 10 minutes the first time I tried them.  I was hopeful that once they realized they couldn't got any where they would get back in bed, but instead they start to cry, then they call for "mama", and if I haven't opened their door at that point the banging begins.


No comments:

Post a Comment