Thursday, February 28, 2013

Who is that crazy woman yelling? Oh, it's me.

I am trying to stop yelling at my kids so much.  I feel like I spend half my time with them angry and with the ugly scream face on.  They are 2, things are going to be crazy and I gotta learn to roll with it.  Pick my battles.  But, I'm having a little trouble deciding which battles to choose.  I may have over reacted to Thing 2 trying (and succeeding) in eating cheese and bread crumbs off a raw pork chop - it's gross, but not likely to kill him.  A firm spanking was not over-reacting when he let himself out onto the watery, snowy back patio in his socks while I putting laundry in the dryer.  

It's potty time and taking off the diapers that are making me crazy.  How do people stand the constant cries of wanting to go to the potty?  I can feel my blood pressure rising each and every time we go into the bathroom.  It doesn't help that we have a cramped, narrow bathroom and putting a step stool and two potty chairs in it has made it an obstacle course.  Or that it's the hottest room in the house because the door stays shut all the time.  

Picking my battles and deciding what to freak out over  is proving hard.  All I know is that the Hub told me tonight I need to quit being so angry all the time and I'm sure my poor kiddos will need therapy later because 'mommy was cuckoo.'

No comments:

Post a Comment