Friday, April 5, 2013

How fast they grow up

My babies are no longer babies.  Yes, they still cry for a "baba" at bedtime and want mommy to hold them as they go to sleep, but they are little boys now and my heart is breaking.

I'm working evening again this week and have had daycare drop off duty.  I'm lucky to get a backward glance when we get to the play area.  This morning one little girl immediately says hi to Thing 1 and comes over to tickle him while I'm taking his jacket off.  Does my baby have a girlfriend?

Thing 2 was already over at a table playing with the older kids by the time I had hung up jackets.  No kiss for mommy, no bye bye.  I was left hanging.  

I want my boys to be independent.  I know this is the time when they start asserting their Independence, but sometimes I miss those tiny little bundles of smooshy, sweet smelling baby.  I miss watching them tucked into their bouncy chairs sleeping, I miss the days when I could corral them in a jumper or a pack and play and know they would be safe.  

I know that this is how things are supposed to be.  They are going to grow up and that's ok, I just never thought it would happen so fast.  I love them more than I ever thought I could love anything in this world and I just want to keep them little and safe and close to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment